Often times in life we face battles that we just don’t know what to do or how to get ourselves out of them. This recap of the Thursday Night Teaching from August 17, will show you 6 steps to help you become victorious when you’re confronted by the enemy.
Foundational Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:12
“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.” –KJV
To be successful in life you have to be willing to fight the good fight.
What is the good fight?
The good fight is the fight of faith. Remember when you do-fight the good fight, YOU WIN!!
You will receive by promise what is rightfully yours when you fight the good fight.
What are the promises of God?
To possess the promises of God you have to be willing to contend for them. Reference Deuteronomy 2:24
Don’t forfeit your destiny by refusing to fight for the promises of God!
You may be wondering how to fight the good fight and what to do when you’re under attack?
Here are 6 things to do when you’re confronted by the enemy:
1. Get a hold of the word of God.
• Until you make a discovery in the word you will never make a recovery.
• Remember discovery produces recovery.
• Get a hold of the appropriate scripture. This means the scripture that relates to your need.
• The word is the sword. When the enemy attacks you, you need to have the word on the inside of you.
• The word of God is essential to overcoming the attacks of the enemy.
• You can’t just hear the word you have to live it. Reference Matthew 7.
2. Release your faith.
• Release your faith into the appropriate scripture that you have laid hold on.
• Remember, if you don’t release your faith there won’t be any results. Reference Hebrews 4:2
3. Present Your Case
• Reference Hebrews 4:16
• Go to God Boldly! With the appropriate scripture as evidence according to your need, of what was promised to you.
• God’s promise means he’s committed to do it.
• God’s grace is all that you need to be able to handle any situation.
4. Address the Situation.
• Reference Mark 11:23
• Talk to the situation!
• Speak to the mountain yourself. Don’t wait on someone else to do it for you. Reference Psalm 18:44-45
• Strangers are still around because they haven’t heard your voice. Speak up!
• Victory doesn’t come when your mouth is closed.
• You can’t have what you don’t say.
• Pray to God but Speak to the issues.
• Face your issues with the power and authority of the word.
• Reference 1 Samuel 17:45 and Proverbs 18:21
• God is bigger than anything that you are facing .
5. Declare your Victory.
• Reference Job 22:28
• Some things can’t be established until you Decree them.
• Declare your own Victory so that God can establish it.
6. Don’t Quit!
• Keep pressing through.
• Cultivate an overcomer mentality.
• What you can’t see you’re not entitled to get!
• Your mental picture defines your destiny and your actual future.
• Reference Proverbs 23:7
• Change your thinking so that you can walk in victory.
• Reference: Hebrews 10:38
Following these 6 steps will ensure your victory! Check out the live recording here. Remember your best is yet to come!
Follow us on Facebook to keep up with Edward Kirkpatrick Ministries #TNT!
Sermon by Pastor Edward Kirkpatrick
Blog Post by Helen Briggs